Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I live In new Zealand and bought an astra 1.8 vvt sport coupe

Customer Question

I live In new Zealand and bought an astra 1.8 vvt sport coupe twin top 10 months ago. 1st registered 08/04/2010. A few days ago the roof stuck in the boot and would not go up or down. the boot also would not lock . I took it to a holden dealer who make a similar car here in NZ . They put it on diagnostics and said they would not know what the real problems were until they could strip it down and look into the problem further , they put the roof back up manualy . It is obviously driveable now but we will need it fixed are you working in Auckland where we live and can help us and have you any idea what we may be looking at for repairs and what the problems can be ,as if we take it back to them they could tell us anything . Also do you know how they would have got the roof up manually .
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE...

Did the dealer tell you what fault codes they retrieved...? If not - can you contact them and get them - and let me know...

Rgds, MIKE........................................