Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

zafira 2.2 design new cam chain new tensioner new battery

zafira 2.2 design
new cam chain
new tensioner
new battery as wouldnt start and now now loud rattle
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name isXXXXX happy to help you - but I need more details as to what's happened here..

Please give me full background / overview of whats been happening... inc the vehicles mileage and what its general service is like - and to inc exactly whats happening now..

Too - are the warn lights on on the dash ? And have you had any test / diagnostic results if so?

Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

63,290 miles full service history

Diagnostics. Done by halfords cam chain was replaced tensioner was too .

wouldn't start so they checked timing then was ok wouldn't turn over at home lights come on automatically changed to manual then car started changed battery started on second try but sounded very loud

Paid £700 on top of what warranty covered.

Don't know what yo do now can you offer advice please. Its a 2006 design 2.2 petrol

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry also forgot coolant warning came on and went off often and engine got very loud on starting no other warnings

its also an automatic (sorry not used to doing this and forgot its an automatic )

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Chris..

Thank you for your reply and further info.. thats very helpful.

Often an engine will be quite clattery when it first starts up after major "surgery" - this is down to the oil in the engine not being fully up to the top of the engine etc - but while it can take a few mins sometimes to clear - the engine should not be revved in this time - and it should clear / quieten down to normal. Sometimes the oil light will be on in this time / sometimes not.... So I would just suggest do that Chris - let it idle for a couple of mins - and keep an eye on the oil light. If the oil light is on - don't run it too long - Check first that the oil light comes on on switch on - so you know it works...!

First though - before starting it up as above - check the oil level is as it should be.. and then do as above. Top up if needed -

Do that as above Chris and let me know how you get on.. I will be back later/ this eve and will get back to you..
If you get the noise continually Chris - see if you can determine which part of the engine its coming from and let me know - ie, top / bottom - right / left etc..

Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Other
Experience: Tech Expert
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Chris -

Im just checking on how you are getting on with the issue had as above.

If there is anything else at all that I can help you with on that issue, do let me know and we can carry on - or, if we are done - please do click on the OK / Excellent ratings for me now at this time please , as thats how Im credited for helping you ..

Very Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank for your help in this matter

Christine

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again..

Thank you - you are very welcome.

You know where I am if there is ever anything more / else you need -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.