Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Why does my vauxhall zafira getstuck in d2

Customer Question

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you...

You don't give much detail - but this can happen in general for one of a few reasons.. It can be a mechanical issue inside the transmission - but more often than not , is a sensor issue either range sensor so on - or , it can be a fault with the selector unit itself - or latterly, the Tcm - thats the Transmission control module.

Again you don't give the year but if its a modern vehicle, then these transmissions are fully electronically controlled - and as such, while that means there is northing you can do on a diy basis - bar checking for any wiring / connection issues that can cause odd driveability issues, it does mean that generally all thats needed is a plug in test - via the vehicles OBD socket - through to the TCM - and this will quickly show by means of a fault code system, just why its doing as you describe. So this is actually very quickly done - of course you will need a garage to do that for you - but it should not be expensive at ll to run that test. Once thats done, again, the fault code system highlights what is not operating as it should - hence, the fault is quickly identified and then repaired.

So thats the way forward on this one now .. Let me know if you like how you get on..

Meantime ,

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.