vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

I have a Corsa C 1.4 petrol, the alarm keeps going off when

I have a Corsa C 1.4 petrol, the alarm keeps going off when doors are locked with key fob but only after a short time! I've replaced main battery, still going off! I've removed the power sounder, still going off! Have removed fuses 13 & 19 horn sounding off has stopped but hazard lights still flash? Any ideas please?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer, The alarm control unit uses the power sounder the alarm horn and the indicators to alert the alarm, if one of these is missing the control unit thinks it is being tampered with and sets the others off.

The power sounder is by far the biggest cause of false alarms as the internal batteries fail, you need to fit a new sounder then the self test on the system will pass.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If it's not the power sounder do you have any more ideas as to what's triggering the alarm?
Once the alarm started messing around I found that the interior lights would stay on and would only turn off via the main light switch, but kept coming back on! I've had to unplug them at the interior light.
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
9 times out of 10 it is the power sounder and affects all Vauxhall models of that era.
to be 100% you could have it tested on a vauxhall Tech2 and this will tell exactly the cause. cheaper aftermarket scanner can not access the alarm system.