vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

Hi there my Vauxhall combo starts every morning but it cuts

Hi there my Vauxhall combo starts every morning but it cuts out after 30 seconds and doesn`t re start until ive waited 30 seconds for it to calm down then usually starts again after 4 or 5 turns of the key. This has been the same for the past couple of months everything was fine for the first 4 months. Please can you tell me what the problem is??? Thank Steve
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Hi Steve what year is your combo and which engine is in it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a 55 plate registration number MM55 CYA it is a diesel engine 1700 cc

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi can you please answer my question as i have not had it answered yet and i have been waiting a LONG TIME please can you answer me thanks!

Steve

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that, this will be the high pressure common rail Z17DTH engine .

The first thing to do is to change the fuel filter and when doing this examine the filter bowl for shiny metalic particles in the bottom, these usually come from the high pressure pump when it wears and can get lodged in the pump suction valve and the injectors causing fuel pressure loss.

After the filter has been changed and cleaned it will be a pig to start the first time so fill the filter bowl with clean diesel, the see how it goes after that.

If you still have problems the suction valve on the pump and/or the injectors may need servicing, the suction vavle is easyest and can be cleaned with carb, cleaner and an airline.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need more help.

Best regards, Vauxdoc.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fuel pump was changed and the air hose had greese put round it to prevent any air getting in so what else might it be as it is still cutting out in same fashion?? Thanks

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
As I say it may now have contaminated injectors, what about the fuel filter ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The mechanic said the old fuel filter was fine but he still changed it anyway as i had already bought it. He is an honest mechanic but he is not a vauxhall or diesel specialist thats why i contacted you. So apart from the things you suggested could it be dirty particles in the fuel filter as this has gone on long enough now with it cutting out daily.??? Thanks

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.

Its easy enough to check for the particles , there is one screw on top of the filter and they will be visible when you shine a torch in.