Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Vauxhall Signum in car entertainment. Radio is permanently

Vauxhall Signum in car entertainment. Radio is permanently on so have taken 20amp
fuse out. CD sat nav don't work. Triple CD player don't work. All buttons on the face of the CD's do not work therefore unable to control anything or reset the small screen.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to advise / help..

Please tell me , what is the year of the Signum...?

Too - has this happened after any work was done on the car - or a jump start etc?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The car has a 54 plate and is a 1.9 cdti.

Only just purchased the car so don't know whats happened. We did get

a reduction on the price because the seller knew wasn't working. The car had a new battery and a service before we picked it up.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Barry -

Thank you for your reply - Im sorry I just missed you last eve.. I was late off.

I asked because in a certain year range, these did have problems with the unit - doing as you described but I just needed to be sure.

Basically its an internal fault in the unit - nothing can be done on a DIY basis Im afraid... On the later ones , Vauxhall would entertain claims for this issue - it may still be worth you contacting your local Vauxhall dealer - put it to them - If they will claim for you through Vauxhall, thats the way to do it - through the local dealer. It would be worth asking as they treat all on their own merits.

Other than that - the unit would have to be repaired, or replaced. There are many radio / system repairers that advertise on google etc - you could choose one of those - unless of course you have a local repair place... but I would suggest to contact Vauxhall first before you do anything - then go from there, depending on the outcome of that.

Im sorry there is no way to fix it on your own as it were - again - its a common fault with them - so thats the best advice as above on this one now to get this sorted one way or the other for you..

Let me know if you need anything else..

>>......Meantime ......Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me for my time etc - as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.