Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a Vectra 2.2 cdx with humming sound from the right

I have a Vectra 2.2 cdx with humming sound from the right side I have took the drive shaft and found it loose in the gearbox, shaft was scored are they bushes in gearbox can they be extracted out or is it new gear box strip down thanks
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name isXXXXX happy to help / advise..

Where the drive shafts go into the diff / transmission, you have wet bearings there .. ( wet as in they are normal roller bearings lubricated by the trans oil )

They can be replaced but it means a removal of the transmission and strip down.

Some people opt to change the gearbox (which incs the diff and its bearings ) - others choose to have the strip and build ( repair ) done.. You would have to ring around locally to get prices as garages etc charge differently around the UK so I cant give you prices.
Another consideration is time off road - a couple of days for a strip and repair - 4-5 hours for a trans replacement.....

Its not unusual to have this fault Im afraid... but those are the ways forward / options on this one to get this fixed for you.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

..>> .Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.