vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

I HAVE A MERIVA 1600 8V ON A 2004 PLATE FAULT CODE P0301 COMES

Customer Question

I HAVE A MERIVA 1600 8V ON A 2004 PLATE FAULT CODE P0301 COMES UP ON TICK OVER DONE EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN BUT STILL CAN'T FIX IT. ANY IDEAS ?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, Wow it looks like you have covered about every angle and spent a lot of time and money.

One thing that allways trips people up om faults like this is often overlooked and is very common and is water in the fuel tank, this can then foul the plugs or injectors, try removing the fuel filter (after depressurising) and drain it from the rear/inlet into a glass jar you can then see the water settle at the bottom.

Another possibility is a sticking EGR valve as these can cause all sorts of trouble.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.