vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

My 2001 registered 1.2 Corsa leaks into the drivers footwell

Customer Question

My 2001 registered 1.2 Corsa leaks into the drivers footwell when it rains. I have had various theories, it could be the seal at the back of the engine, it could be a blocked drain from the sunroof, it could be the rubber round the windscreen wipers/windscreen has perished. Have you come across this problem before?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will continue to wait for information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What other information do you require?

Thank you for getting back to me, no further information is required at the moment. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Hello there , so sorry that you have been kept waiting, this leak will allmost definately be coming in through the bulkhead/pedal box plate.

This plate is about 15 inches square and holds the pedals, it is bolted to the bulkhead and the seal is just a sillicon bead which degrades over time letting water through.

It is a big job to remove and reseal it properly as the steering colum needs to be removed, however I have heard that plastering the enginine side of the plate on the lower edge can sometimes work.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.
vauxdoc, Other
Experience: Vauxhall diagnostic technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your advice,will try to plaster as you suggest