vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

my 1.6 astra 2000 model starts to misfire then cuts out often

my 1.6 astra 2000 model starts to misfire then cuts out when i take my foot off the throttle and brake, often when going up then down hills, any ideas guys

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer, really you need to have it tested on a scanner to see if there are any fault codes in the engine ECU and go from there.

However this sound like the EGR valve is sticking open causing the engine to run too rich, these valve are easy to replace and cost around £30 on ebay. CLICK HERE

As for the vacuum pipe idea this usually only affects the 2.0 diesel engine.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX seems to have stemed from when i had the egr valve replaced , it was running to fast so i took it back but no fault showed up on the scan. ever since the car seems to misfire then cut out when i decelerate and brake, when it feels like it

regards

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Hi, sorry for the delay, there are several remaps of the ECU available for this engine which change the EGR flow but this would have to be done at a VX dealer £££.

An alternative is to fit a blanking plate (also on ebay) or even make a temp. one to block the holes to see if it cures it.