vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

Just bought a Corsa 1.4 club auto 2008. when driving from cold

Customer Question

Just bought a Corsa 1.4 club auto 2008. when driving from cold the gears do not change and engine over revs then slowly clicks into gear after which its fine. Happens every time starting from cold. Is it the computer?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just Anwser, If there was a fault in the auto box the computer would pick it up and put on the warning light, if the light was on then it will need testing for fault codes.

I am sre that the transmission is just in its warm up mode, all newer transmissions have this, it helps to warm up the box and engine to cut down on emissions by getting the catalytic convertor up to a good working temperature.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When starting from cold I put my foot on the accelerator and its very slow moving off I was told it mybe the gear selector or the auto sensor.

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Hi, sorry for the delay, OK, I would have the transmission fluid checked or changed, this should include a scan of the control unit and a pressure test this can be checked on a scanner or a gauge.

There are many "sensors" on the transmission and if one or the selector switch is at fault a scan will tell you.

Best regards, Vauxdoc.