vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

I have just changed the battery on my Vectra, all ok except

I have just changed the battery on my 2003 Vectra 2.2, all ok except radio/cd will not work, it comes on saying safe, what can I do?.

Everything else seems to be fine.

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer, the security code will need entering it is a 4 digit PIN and hopefully will be on the credit card sized car pass which may be in the service book pack.

Let me know when you find it and I will guide you through the procedure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have all my documentation service book owners manual audio handbook but unfortunately no card with code on, i guess that must be with previous owner, but i have had the car for 10 years, so no chance of getting that.

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Hello again, sorry for the delay you might be able to get it from the previous owner oranother option is to have it reprogrammed at a local car hifi specialist this costs around £20 yo will need to check your local yellow pages or give me your location.

Then you could get a second hand set from the likes of ebay there are plenty there.