Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I have a 1998 vectra 1.8 petrol that missfires & failed emmissions

Customer Question

I have a 1998 vectra 1.8 petrol that missfires & failed emmissions on high hydrocarbons.When I took the plugs out they all had oil around them especially 3 &4. Is this normal?If not what could be the problem?Up till now 132,000 miles trouble free.
Regards ,Alan.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Alan,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Hello Alan,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?