Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

2008 zafira 1.8 petrol , runs rough comes up with code p2101

Customer Question

2008 zafira 1.8 petrol , runs rough comes up with code p2101 throttle control motor, changed throttle body still the same , loses power idles erratically.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.

My name is there and I hope to be able to help.

If this code is still present after replacing the throttle housing and clearing the fault codes then I would suggest one of 2 other faults. Check the connections to the throttle housing for spread connectors and check the earths are clean and tight.

The other option which is possible is the small vacuum hose system has a leak, easy way to check is listen for hissing when the engine is running or spray some brake cleaner on the vacuum hoses and see if the engine rev increase. Alternatively just change the vacuum hoses as they are quite cheap.

You need to remember to clear down the fault codes after you have done this to ensure it's not still stuck in limp home.

I hope this help, if you have any more questions about his please come back to me but don't forget to accept my answer.

Best regards
Peter

Just wondering if you've had chance to consider my response and if there is anything else I can do to help?

Please remember that I only get paid for the advice I have given if you accept my answer.

Best regards
Peter

Best regards
Peter