Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

New battery on 1.2 Corsa 55 plate. When connected there are

Customer Question

New battery on 1.2 Corsa 55 plate. When connected there are sparks and smoke as if connected the wrong way round, but is connected the correct way round. Any clues?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome...

Mike :

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

Mike :

This situation would usually mean that indeed you are attempting to connect them the wrong way round - You are off line at the moment - but I need to ask you for when you come back on to double check - look closely at the battery for the + sign - and - signs. Note - the Vauxhalls are a little odd compared with others... The BLACK goes to Positive ( + ).. while the BROWN goes to the NEG (-) on the battery...

Mike :

So check that as above - and let me know how you get on-

Mike :

If there is anything more you need or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

.>> Meantime ...........Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.