vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

My Vectra 1.9 CDTI 150 SRi (57 plate) cruise control has stopped

My Vectra 1.9 CDTI 150 SRi (57 plate) cruise control has stopped working. It appears to want to go on but switches itself off after only afew seconds
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not received any answer as yet.

I wish to receive an answer asap.

Today it worked for approx 5 minutes and shut off and then would not come on again.

I do not know if it is an electrical or mechanical fault.

If it is electrical, could it be a faulty switch on the stalk or a faulty relay? If it is mechanical I haven't a clue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue to answer my question

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not received any answer yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you have taken £18.00 from my credit card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please have the courtesy of providing me with an answer to my question.

Hamish Harris

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Hello Hamish, I am very sorry that you have been kept waiting for so long,

The cruise control on the Vectra C has qite a few safety features that are governed by the engine management control unit, if it sees a fault with any of its sensors or circuits it will switch the C.C. off.

It may be due to an incorrectly adjusted brake or clutch switch and the only sure way for a 100% diagnosis is to have it tested on a scanner such as a Vauxhall Tech2 scanner.

However around the build time of your car there was a batch of faulty C.C. switches and vauxhall released a modified switch to overcome this.

I hope this helps, best regards ***** ***** again appologies, Vauxdoc.
vauxdoc, Other
Experience: Vauxhall diagnostic technician