Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert

Hi, I have a vauxhall vectra x25xe it has the following fault

Hi, I have a vauxhall vectra b x25xe it has the following fault if you hold the throttle at 2000 rpm it wil fluctuates between 900rpm and 2000rpm. The engine warning light stays off and there are no codes present. I have replaced the plugs,leads,coil pack and throttle position sensor and is still the same. If you rev it hard it will go to maximum revs but has a flat spot at 2000 rpm. Also looking at the data list on my scanner you can see the lambda sensors both start the same at idle but raise the idle to 2000 rpm the lambda sensor on bank 1 drops to zero could this be a faulty sensor. Could you please help ?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Mike :

Hello and Welcome -

Mike :

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

Mike :

Can you tell me what the background is to this - ie, did it suddenly start to do this - or was it after work of any kind was done to the car etc?

Mike :

As you are not on at the moment - when you come back on , type your reply here... Please also give me its Full reg number.. and I will get back to you asap thereafter - Rgds, MIKE................................

Customer: Hi Mike first noticed that when you went up a steep hill around a left hand bend it used to cut out or a flat spot. Also it was hit up the rear reasonly hard not sure weather it made it worse or just coinsedense. I think the fault was there before the work was carried out. It does not seem like a missfire more like it just cuts the revs out at 2000 rpm and it will do it stationary or while driving now. Also if you just rev it hard it will go past it. The reg is W686 NNV. It also only only used to do it when the engine was warm but now all the time at 2000 rpm which has not changed. Michael
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Michael -

Thank you for your reply / info...

The sensor is acting oddly for a start Michael - given that I would check that out first before anything else.. Check the wiring to it- they are known to get damaged / burned - so check that. Also - check the plug connector where it connects to the loom - often the pins get corroded - causing signal failure... Check that too.

If that all checks out as ok, I would suggest to replace the sensor Michael and I think you will find that cures this.

Just also check for any inlet air leaks - any un metered air can affect the running at higher revs - check the pipework etc around the engine / breathers etc.

So long as the engine isn't actually misfiring Michael, thats what I think this will be.. certainly it needs attention anyway in that regard before anything else.. If you do have to replace the sensor - don't use a cheap universal one - they give more trouble than they are worth - you can get a good sensor at a good price HERE... Genuine Vauxhall parts - cheaper than your local dealers.

So thats the way forward on this for sure now Michael.

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - If you need anything else at all - by all means get back to me - Im always happy to help more if needed..

>> Meantime >>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Other
Experience: Tech Expert