Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Vauxhall astra twintop 1.6 2006 abs light on speedo not working?

Vauxhall astra twintop 1.6 2006 abs light on speedo not working? Have change both front wheel hub and sensors. Fuses are fine. Dont know which relays to check or where they are? Read about surge arrester relay? Think need to bite bullet and get new abs ecu?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still waiting for an answer from vauxhall expert

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise - Sorry to see you have had a wait..

Can you tell me what fault codes you have retrieved from the system - then we can progress...

Rgds, MIKE........................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

210870ecn 050071ecn on the pedal test on dash but cant find codes for tech 2... the tech 2 couldn't communicate with abs ecu but through engine ecu said no signal or data for speedo?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ..

Thank you for your reply and info..

Before we progress - does the car have the original Vaux radio in it ??

Rgds - MIKE.............................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes? Whole car is factory fit.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes? Whole car is factory fit. Had problem with cogs on winglet motors before this problem changed them and needed new bootcatch to reset roof. Bootcatch broke when put roof on in manual override mode. Boot ended locked so a garage hooked to laptop type thing to open and reset latch?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again -

Thank you for your reply and further info..

What you describe there is common with the roof yes ---

Anyway - we can rule out the audio issue - that can cause odd issue when changed.

Now these codes you have - Im afraid-- they are just not that helpful in your situation- Pedal codes rarely are to be honest.. The first one you have for example relates to throttle position sensor faults - the second, I just dont know, I have nothing on that.

Really we need "P" codes retrieved using a machine plugged into the OBD socket to make proper progress on this -

This is not going to be a relay issue as such - and what there is ( as you say surge protector , is inside the module ) .. Im afraid - unless you find a wiring / connection / pin problem, it is looking like an Abs module fault - and not at all uncommon neither.

I would suggest then given what you have to make a full and careful check of the wiring on the system - and check carefully the pins / connectors to the pump / module.. Obviously rectify any issues you may come across... they are known for chaffing wires so check that on the loom...

After that - if you cannot find anything else - and you cannot get success with a plug in reader - then I would suggest to make contact with a specialist company that specialise in the test / repair of these units - and send it to them... That will be considerably cheaper than a replacement for you. You can find these companies advertising on google etc or I can give you a contact...

Thats certainly the way ahead on this one now to get this sorted for you ....

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Other
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I check loom? Its fine from wheel to ecu but goes into dash? The loom is held together with some material tape stuff but looks fine.?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again -

Thank you for your reply -

The loom is indeed wrapped in non sticky insulation - A good tip is to manually feel it all along - any cracks / breakdown of the wires inside will often be "felt" as you go along - slit the insulation as needed to check. You may need to do that anyway - but feel it through first...remember - they often "look" fine - but the tape hides the issue.

Have you checked the actual connectors - where the wires from the sensors plug to the loom - often they fail and cause problems - just a thought there....

Disconnect the multi plug to the main unit / pump and check the pins in there too -

Its worth doing all that before sending it off for checking -

Best Rgds, MIKE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have continuity check from hub to where joins loom above wheel arch in engine compartment. All fine... just the wrapped stuff has lots of wires in it? Checked ecu cable connector and very clean and looks good?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again..

Indeed all looms have "lots of wires" in them - they go all over the systems and branch off to the different systems -

Really you need now then to progress as I have outlined above on this one.. If you are sure the wiring etc is ok, then its moving on to the unit -having that checked.

Best Rgds,. MIKE.