vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

my maintenance light show up at 70 mph,also when starting the

Customer Question

my maintenance light show up at 70 mph,also when starting the engine,the word inspect comes up
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. This light comes on when the engine computer (ECU) detects a fault with one of its sensors or circuits.

When this happens it stores a fault code and then uses a back up program sometimes called limp mode, this is used to enable you to carry on with your journey or to enable you to get to a garage.

The fault may be relatively harmless or may lead to a breakdown or damage to the catalytic converter depending on which sensor or circuit is affected.

To be sure you need to take your car to a garage and have it put on a diagnostic computer to have the fault codes read, most good garages have the kit for this not just main dealers, you should phone around for a quote for a diagnostic test.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.