Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

03 corsair turned ignition key click but no start ignition

Customer Question

03 corsair turned ignition key click but no start ignition lights stay on when key removed
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise you..

As you have this issue where the ign lights stay ON with the key removed - coupled with the non start issue- this would indicate a fault with the actual ignition unit..

Im not really sure that you are going to be able to do anything with this on your own on this as its not really a DIY issue - you will really need garage help with this.

The ignition unit usually ends up having to be replaced - but it will depend of course on exactly what is found to be wrong in there when stripped and inspected -

But that is the area of fault that is causing your fault / problem and that needs attention now--- I am sorry this is not an easy straightforward fix for you - but any garage / shop / repair place can do this for you as they will have the tools and equipment that is going to be needed.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.