vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

10 reg astra 2.o litre cdti car just stopped and code p2428

Customer Question

10 reg astra 2.o litre cdti car just stopped and code p2428 came up checked egr valve cleaned as it was dirty and put back on cleared code and it started up drove it for 20 miles it seemed to b ok and no codes came back until today same code p2428 and sounds rough so cleared code and it started perfect , exhaust gas tempture sensor 1 high temp is imformation on code
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer, there are a couple of things that could of caused this, the first is a faulty temperature sensor that then wont allow the DPF to regenerate causing the rough running.

The second is that the DPF has got too hot due to incomplete regeneration cycles and the exhaust is blocked.

I would start by replacing the temperature sensor then give the car a good run.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.