vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

2007 Vauxhall tigra boot only opens when roof down not when

2007 Vauxhall tigra boot only opens when roof down not when roof closed
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer, I assume that the boot does not open from either the inside or outside switch.

If so then the most probable cause will be that the parcel shelf status switch has gone out of adjustment.

This switch tells the foof control unit the status of the different positions i.e. opening closing and coupe.

The only way the switch can be set is by setting it using a dealers Tech2 scanner whilst observing the data display,this is quite easy with the correct equipment and a Vauxhall dealer would charge between £40 to £80 depending on the local rate, harsh I know!

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I must admit that I was hoping for more of an answer than 'take it to the dealer'. I could give this advice myself to anyone about anything!!

Is there nothing I can do myself?

John Wilkinson *********** /p>

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
I do not like to tell customers to "take it to the dealer" but this is a complicated system and Vauxhall do not publish the setting voltages for the stages of the switch to do it old school.

Even independant garages will not have the correct scanner software for this job this is why I advised the dealer route.

I have given the cause and the repair method for this fault and to try and adjust the switch without this kit can leave your roof stuck half open.