Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I have a Tigra and when car was valeted they manages to

Customer Question

Hi I have a Tigra and when car was valeted they manages to push down the small drainage grills shown when the boot is raised. This is blocking the drainage now, What can I do?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still have the problem & would appreciate advice

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help - Sorry to see you have had a wait..

Please tell me what you have done / tried so far?

Also - have you spoken to the garage / valet about this ?

Rgds, MIKE................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not spoken to the valet about this. The small grills are missing - I guess pushed down. I cannot see them as the aperture is so small. Every time it rains I have to use a sponge to get rid of the water. It seems that there is no real drainage - i don't know if it is blocked.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again..

Thank you for your reply and info.

I mentioned speaking to the valet place because really - as they have caused this, they should put it right for you -

As far as I can tell, you are going to need a new panel there - if they have broken them away -or damaged them. Im any event the panel will have to be removed - taken off - see if they are - and then re align if they will -- if not - then again, the panel has to be replaced... I cant tell you a price I'm afraid - for that , you would need to ring a Vauxhall parts dept - give them the VIN of the car - and then they can then look up the exact part and tell you the price....

Im afraid thats the only way forward with this - to then see exactly what they have done - and then to be able to put it right.

Im really sorry its not straightforward- but that is the way on this one..

Ultimately the drains for the water come out at the front of the rear wheels - at the very back end/ corner of the sill - both sides.

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** >>Meanwhile -- >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.