Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I have a Vauxhall insignia 09 plate 1.6 petrol, the problem

Customer Question

I have a Vauxhall insignia 09 plate 1.6 petrol, the problem I am having is that when I drive the car and then park it up and shut the engine. I will try and start the car again but it just wont start! The only solution I have found out is if I leave it for around 45 minutes or so it will start, but apart from that I don't know what it could be.
If someone could please let me know what the problem could be so I can sort it out ASAP. Thanks
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer, does the engine turn over with the key or is the key dead?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The way in which the car starts is I would need to hold the clutch down first and then turn the key to start the engine. The key is absolutely fine as from what I have heard and seen.

Its just the fact that once its been driven and parked, it would 'Sometimes, very often' not start, but giving the car around 45 minutes then it starts like normal.

From when I had the full service done in the garage, he said it could be something to do with the fuel pump, and maybe that could be needing changing.