Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi, I need some help please if possible. I have had an issue

Hi, I need some help please if possible. I have had an issue for a while now with the revs in my Corsa 57 plate, its is well below 10 and tries to cut out when stationery. When I turn my engine off and back on again it sompletely cuts out. No one knows what this is, I have had my lamber sensor replaced recently which helped but now it's gone back to normal again. Any ideas so I can get this fixed ASAP
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Is there any engine management lights come on since or prior to this fault?

You say "well below 10" i asume this is rpm? or temperature?

Also engine cleaned?? can you explain exactly what that entailed and what testing has actually been carried out bar replacing that sensor?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for responding.

An engine light did come on say 4 months ago however since having the lamber sensor replaced this has now cleared and has not been back on since. I had a diagnostic check on this and this is the only thing that come up.

Yes rpm I mean.

Before having the lamber sensor replaced I had some clean that that's all but that did not help.

Hope this makes more sense, sorry I haven't a clue on cars.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your responce..

Ok..Sounds by your description they've just replaced the lambda sensor and added a cleaning additive "injector cleaner" to the tank of fuel...if that hanst helped going by the lambda sensor fault- they may want to double check you dont have restriction in the exhaust system ie: failed cat converter..they can do that by check with laser digitial thermometer or disconnect the exhaust at the front pipe/manifold and then see if power is restored or idle speed..if so then you'll know the problems is too much back pressure caused by internal restriction..the next check is fuel delivery pressure as well as fuel filter to ensure the engine is getting the require pressure and isnt low due to a partically blocked fuel filter or failing pump..next is to check and clean the throttle body,butterfly plate isnt sticking,idle valve..and ensure it not gumbed up with carbon etc..also check all intake/vacuum pipe work for leaks..depending on there diagnostic capabilites and their machine they can also run via live data and see if that highlights anything..but as above there are few further checks that can be done if not already carried out..i do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK