Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

does the timing gear need to be removed to take off diesel

Customer Question

does the timing gear need to be removed to take off diesel pump on frontera 2.2 dti 1999? if not nut which bolt retains the pulley?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ...

In answer to your question as above - basically that is the way it should be done.. but I know people do do it without - The timing all needs setting up first in any event , locking of the engine etc... If you do it without - you have to be sure the chain is held taught -

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.