Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My diesel particle filter has started flashing today , also

My diesel particle filter has started flashing today , also I can see my exhaust rear box looks like it's needing replaced are these problems related , how do I fix my diesel particle filter ?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The DPF "diesel particulate filter" is actually further up the system towards the engine - its ideal to allow the vehicle to self regenerate the dpf..in other words burn the excess soot captured in the dpf..this requires driving on a motorway/dual carrageway..clear stretch of road for upto 25-30miles in 4th gear..keeping the revs up helps bring the temperature of the dpf up to is desired temp to burn the soot off - If that doesnt work then the next step is to have the dpf force regenerated this is done via a diagnostic machine,whilst on the machine they can check for fault codes..prior to doing so it would be worth having the oil/filter changed when doing that a forced regen.. If the rear box if its actually blowing it would be best to have that seen to first id say then try the procedure above..but if its fully supported then you can still try the method above and see if it helps...DPF problems like that arent too uncommon on vehicles which very rarely get used on motorways..thats why its best to at least every fortnight to take the vehicle on a long run to ensure the dpf doesnt get to choked up with soot..its the short drives etc that doesnt allow the car to self regenerate..so as above give the drive method a go and see if that helps..I do hope this helps..if you need to as anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely satisfied , what you sugested cured my problem , many thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there Rob..Many thanks for letting me know how it went..Glad it worked out for you..and many thanks for rating most appreciated..

If you ever have any other problems/need advice as such should you need it - then you know where to find me..and id be happy to help..Best of luck Robert