Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a problem with my Vauxhall Astra 1.8 automatic.The central

I have a problem with my Vauxhall Astra 1.8 automatic.The central locking system is not working.I have opened the driver door manually,however,once inside the car cannot open any of the passenger doors and boot.Also the petrol cap is locked ,is their any way to at least unlock the petrol cap?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Can you actually open or pull up the door buttons inside the car at all?

Is this the only key/fob you have for this car - does the red light on the key operate?

What year is the car?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

pulled door handles no response

no but have tried both keys no light on key when pressed

five years old

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Robert.Not sure if you received my response to your request for further information.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your responce..

Ok..firstly to try and unlock the fuel flap you have to get into the boot behind the carpet section right hand side as you look into in the boot,locate the lock solnoid you know as it will have a cable but like a bike cable leading upto the flap lock near the fuel flap and pull/actuate the cable manaully to dis engage it..normally that about the only way to do this..you could maybe try going in via the rear seats/remove the parcel shelf into the boot itself..to that..as far as the central locking goes it sounds like its deadlocked have you tried the interior locking button to see if that helps..problems like this could be caused by any number of things from the keys itself .interference of the signal to the vehicle/low main battery/ central locking control itself on the car or there is a wiring issue somewhere on the central locking control circuit..maybe try new batteries in the keys both and the re-programme via instructions in owners manual in relation to replacing batteries in the fobs..next maybe try if you can disconnect the battery negative lead and leave it off for upto 30mins..then reconnect..normally this can reset alot of electrical problems and may work so certainly give that a try..the last resort would likely have to be dedicated diagnostics/tech 2 to get further into the central locking control system..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else then please continue before you rate

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Robert.

We have eliminated some of your suggestions.not batteries in the keys not the main battery which is only two weeks old and we have tried re-connection.

Would appear diagnostic is needed to unblock and re-set.Any idea of cost approximately.

If I can get the petrol cap open and functional.Ican get the petrol to enable me to drive to a garage.Would this damage to petrol cap caused further problems to locking system.