Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I have a1995 corsa. When I turned key in ignition the light

Customer Question

I have a1995 corsa. When I turned key in ignition the light keep flashing and it would not start. Called green flag when I was stuck and, "sods law" after three or four goes it started! However, he seemed to think that the chip in the keys could be faulty. I called locksmith who managed to get hold of my security code and he made up two keys with chips to the code. Now, worked for a few turn be now it won't start, turns over and flashes. The chap said it could be the coil reader box is not reading the chip so could try to get a coil reader and keys from a breakers and he can fit and program it to my keys. He mentioned the ECU in all this. Do you think if I had the ECU changed the car might be week again. I know it's an old car and am I living in hope!!!!!! Thanks
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Does the barrel feel loose at all?

Did they try and check for fault codes?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean the ignition barrel, if yes no it's not loose. No fault code checks were done. Have two new keys which have been coded to my security code number