Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

i cannot connect my eobd 2 reader on to my vauxhall vectra

i cannot connect my eobd 2 reader on to my vauxhall vectra . its says "no link up "on the code reader when it should actually read fault codes it is a diesel vectra 03 plate. can u supply wiring diagrams and guide me on what to do please

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What make/type of code reader are you using on the car? Have you used the same reader before on the car?

Which engine?

I note you mention wiring diagrams? has the DLC port been tampered with wiring wise etc?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The wiring hasn't been tampered with . I am using a autel obd/srs /abs tool . It's 1900 cc engine
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there apoligies for the delay..

Ok.Normally with some of these handheld scanners they will only work from diesels 04/05 onwards..hence the likely hood as to why you dont get any link up on the scanner itself its not really un heard off..in particular vauxhalls case if you require a diagnostic scanner..go for "vaux.com or known as too op.com software laptop based scanner" with the 16pin socket device,either ebay "aviod chinese made ones"..and these do work well we use that in our workshop for some older vauxhalls..so as above thats about the only way forward bar maybe enquiring locally for someone to scan the car instead..either with the same software as above or tech 2..I do hope this helps