Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

vauxhll vectr fault coad b3700\b3840\p0601

Customer Question

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Mike :

Hello and Welcome...

Mike :

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

Mike :

What are the symptoms you have with the car / reasons for running the fault tests ?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again Choman -

This is MIKE - I responded to you earlier in the Live chat but you had gone off line - so I have now had to switch us to the QA system..

To save you time - in strict answer to your question as asked - the meaning of the fault codes you have there are as follows :

B3700 - Windscreen wiper circuit / stalk switch wiring or unit itself faulty.

B3840 -Wrong Stalk Switch Configuration. - This code is only ever present when a cruise control stalk is fitted and it isn't programmed correctly. The wiring in the footwell fuse box should be carefully checked however - they are known to break.

P0601 - Internal memory module fault -.. this refers to the main engine management computer - Often this is a fault with the unit meaning it needs repair or replacement.

Its noteworthy that the Ecu is common for failing on this model - so bear that in mind... but as you have the other issues too - this could be total coincidence - or wiring / earthing faults can cause multiple system faults - it needs proper fault tracing through with the info above now.

In all case the circuits should be checked - wiring / connections etc. before replacing anything .

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Choman..

I noted you opened up a new / duplicate question on the same subject as here...Duplicates are not allowed and are always closed - this is to protect you from being charged twice or more for the same info provided.

I did note that in your other , duplicate question - you added the info that the car will not start - and no spark.

With that additional info - check the battery - the battery wiring - and the connections...and the main earth wire - from the battery to the body - and the body to engine / transmission cable... Any faults / failures here will cause this..

But if all is found to be ok there- the Ecu is suspect here - as outlined above - this fits in with the "no spark - non start"... You will need garage help in that case...to ID the fault... and then go from there... Unless you want to opt to remove the Ecu and send it to a specialist company ( which can be found on google under Ecu repairs ) for test - and subsequent repair.... Again - that is a common fault - but the wiring must be checked first...

Let me know if you need anything else... If you do reply, I will be back on later today and will get back to you / answer you if needed then..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.