Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

What do I need to remove to change the alternator on a 2006

Customer Question

What do I need to remove to change the alternator on a 2006 Vectra 1.8sri?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you.
What engine is fitted to the vehicle please?
,any thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1.8 Sri
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
It is easier to remove from the alternator from the top, remove the air box then jack up the car, remove the plastic guard from underneath. put an jack under the engine to support it as the next step is to remove the engine mount next to the air box.Pull back the tensioner with a 15mm wrench, when you have that pulled back towards you slip off the belt around the alternator pulley an slowly let the tensioner back. There is three bolts to remove the alternator completely. The bolt that is low down on the pulley side the hardest to remove as very little space, the other two on the other side are not hard to remove at all.Remove the wires connected to the alternator, wiggle it around an eventually you will get it out the top reverse order to replace.