Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Vauxhall corsa 54 plate lost drive f1 code when I

Customer Question

I have a Vauxhall corsa 54 plate lost drive f1 code when I remove battery connection and put back it will drive and loose drive again.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Normally battery disconnection and reconnection is like a reset of the control modules/ in terms that it will clear faults/or fault codes until as such the problem is re detected again and thus the issue your having now..the F light on the display means Easytronic control unit, has recognised a fault - As soon as an error is recognised, a certain error code is stored in the error memory relating to the type of error you got - The way forward with these is to get the fault codes from the car is to get it on suitable diagnostic machine either opcom,vauxcom / tech 2 - these are vauxhall specific and should be to retrive the faults codes before even considering replacing anything,that about the only way forward with these kinds of faults on that car,you may want to check around for a mobile tech who has the equipment seeing the car is undriveable..the most common fault you normally see on these causing the F light is the clutch/gearbox actuator on the gearbox itself thats can cause this..but they should always inspect the wiring harness to it for issues.another could be wheel speed sensor fault again the easytronic control unit take readings from those..but can be verfied as such once the fault codes are retrived..But as above that the best way forward from here..I do hope this helps..