vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

11 plate Astra with service soon light coming on and cooling

Customer Question

11 plate Astra with service soon light coming on and cooling intermittently running while driving. Is it safe to keep driving until I can get to garage?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Which engine is in your Astra?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Service car soon warning light comes on while cooling fan runs intermittently. Car has just been serviced.
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay,

I had been waiting for you to tell me which engine is in your car as there could be different outcomes.

However the "service vehicle soon" warning is often misunderstood in that drivers think that it means a sevice such as an oil change but in fact is telling the driver to take the car to the garage as one of the onboard systems has electronicly detected a fault.

This may be a faulty sensor or a wiring fault, this will be more clear when the car is tested on a scanner but by the sounds of it the fault is in the cooling system probably the thermostat.

I hope this helps, best regards,Customer