Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

Vauxhall astra 1.6 8v 2001. Mileage 113000

Customer Question

When car has been left for 10+ hours . there is a loud knocking/tapping noise coming from engine. After 3-5mins idling the noise stops and does not come back. I have checked oil and it is topped up
When driving the temperature gauge never gets above quarter , but when idle in traffic it will go up then drop when driving.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like an answer . If you can not find a answer then I would say service has not been provided and would ask for my money back