Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I have a mervia the battery light comes on and the rev

Customer Question

I have a mervia the battery light comes on and the rev counter and speedo stop working. Alternator been changed and crank shaft sensor but still doing it when the car is cold it starts after about 2 miles the battery light comes back on. If i turn the car off it wont start again

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would still like an answer. The car is still not fixed they dont no what the problem is. The car will start when cold but after 2 miles the battery light comes on and the speedo and rev counter stop working then they start to jump up and down like there trying to work. Then when i turn the car off i cant get it started again. The altenator has been changed and the crank shaft censor also but its still doing it. The mechanic seems to be second guessing but it keeps costing me money and its not fixing the problem.

,
Thank you back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Thank you patience,
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
.

Is your check engine light also "ON" when the engine is running .

Give me more information on make modle year and engine .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My car is a vauxhall mervia 04 plate and no just the battery light.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Engine 1.3,1.4.petrol diesel ?/

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its petrol and 1.6 engine

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
.

Thank you .

Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running ,

Was the management system checked codes at the repair shop ,
or just the alternator and crank sensor replaced from guessing .

Do you know if they did any testing .

Greg