vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

insignia fan runs all the time

insignia fan runs all the time
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer,

Can you tell me if the engine management light is on or a "service vehicle soon" ?

thanks, Vauxdoc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

service vehicle soon comes on service car myself

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that,

"The "service vehicle soon " (SVS) on the newer Vauxhalls is not a general service reminder i.e. oil and filter change it is meant to direct you to a dealer/garage for a diagnostic test, they used to use the SVS symbol (car with a spanner).

The probable cause will be a faulty electronic thermostat, these can stick open or closed and if stuck closed can cause engine damage, this is backed up by the cooling fan running.

So, get the fault codes read and you will probably see a code for either the thermostat circuit or coolant flow low circulation.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.