vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

How to stop water coming in boot on 2011 Astra

Customer Question

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will continue to wait for answer
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer,I am sorry that you have been kept waiting for so long.

There is no short or easy answer to this type of fault, as the Astra is usually quite a water tight model.

You will have to remove as much of the boot interior trim as possible and then water test it with a hose pipe, if it is bad then you should see the water trickleing down, if it is a panel seam hole you will then have to seal it with silicone sealant .

Other possibilities are that the tailgate seal is damaged, the aerial seal is leaking or the vents behind the rear bumper are letting it in.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Best regards,Customer