vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

replaced plugs with NGK beru and still misfires - replaced

Customer Question

replaced plugs with NGK beru and still misfires - replaced fuel control valve and fuel pressure sensor to no avail - the car only misfires once at 5,000 rpm then continues accelerating to 6,500 rpm with no misfire.
If the engine is stopped and restarted the misfire occurs again at 5,000 rpm but will run normally after the event with full power.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer, can you tell me a bit more about your car, model,year,engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2004 Vectra 2.2 LS estate - direct - engine - Z22YH - manual transmission - 43,000 miles on clock.

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
I see that you seem to have 2 questions open for this fault, I answered this on the other question a few days ago. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem is resolved thank you - the high pressure fuel pump was indeed faulty - the pump was replaced 4 years ago by a Vauxhall dealer at a cost of £950 so it never occurred to me that this was the problem - it didn't last long did it - a new pump costs £515 but fortunately I managed to get one from a scrap yard for £30 - the car is now performing normally - thanks for your help.

Denis.