Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

06 Astra 1.6 TPort: P1113 Cutting out and difficult to start

Customer Question

RE: 2006 Astra 1.6 SXi TwinPort.

Fault Code: P1113. port deactivation sensor low voltage.

No other fault codes, half a tank of fuel, recent oil/filter change.

You could be our hero!

We have had an intermittent fault for nearly 18 months where sometimes it would take quite a few attempts to start and cut out occasionally, but lived with it as it was a relatively rare occurrence. Although we did get the fault codes read, but this revealed nothing.

Now, the problem has gotten much worse!

Recently, the car frequently cut-out mostly at idle, sometimes when in over-run and then refused to start for 5-10 minutes. When it would eventually start it would try and cut out again.

To keep the engine going you would have to rev it hard and be in clear traffic, if not it would cut out for 5-10 minutes again. Now we are lucky to start it at all.

When driving it hard to maintain revs, it would jump/lose power, but so long as we revved it's nuts off to get to a convenient place to break down, it would often make it.

One a couple of occasions, the fuel light would flash and the gauge show EMPTY, even though it had plenty of fuel in. Not sure if this is a connected issue, but this only happened when the car refused to start and would soon go back to showing half a tank again.

The state the car is in now is constantly having to use jump pack to turn the engine over and most of the time it won't start at all.

Have spoken to ECU-Testing and they say that it is unlikely to be an ECU fault, although they have not yet tested it.

We have already replaced the throttle housing with a brand new one from Vauxhall.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Rich & Deb

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Rich & Deb,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Hello Rich & Deb,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello Rich & Deb,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shantal,
I am happy to wait a few more days, say till Wednesday. If I have not had a reply after that, please proceed with refunding the money. Many thanks.
Hello Rich & Deb,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
As requested if you should not receive an answer by Wednesday then I will go ahead and close your question and reverse your charges.