Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

Astra 1700 diesel. Fault:- loss of power ,no fault codes,

Customer Question

Astra 1700 diesel. 2011 Fault:- loss of power ,no fault codes, have had DPF cleaned professionally it was 40% blocked. EGR valve cleaned and works. Correct oil fitted. We still get a horrid acrid smell from exhaust with blue smoke and afraid it may block the DPF again. What else would you suggest checking, The CAT looks clean but could it be breaking up ? Regards Bryan

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Bryan,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal

The vehicle starts and runs sweetly it seems to develop the smoke after the engine has reached operating temperature. The blue smoke seems very eye stinging and oily Please continue with your assistance from the professionals

Bryan

Hello Bryan,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. Also thank you for providing additional information. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.