vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

when i start my 2011 1.8i insignia the van comes on almost

hello when i start my 2011 1.8i insignia the van comes on almost straight away along with service vechile soon light plugged on diagnostic test machine but says no faults any ideas?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
"The "service vehicle soon " (SVS) on the newer Vauxhalls is not a general service reminder i.e. oil and filter change it is meant to direct you to a dealer/garage for a diagnostic test, they used to use the SVS symbol (car with a spanner).

The probable cause will be a faulty electronic thermostat, these can stick open or closed and if stuck closed can cause engine damage, this is backed up by the cooling fan running.

Only the higher end scanners will read codes from the Insignia so I guess this is why it's showing no faults, this thermostat fault is very common , I suggest that you get it replaced anyway.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.
vauxdoc, Other
Experience: Vauxhall diagnostic technician