Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have just bought a second hand corsa daughter. It

I have just bought a second hand corsa for my daughter. It drove home fine without any problem. Now when I try to start it there is a click and the dash lights dim also the engine does not turn over.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Best place to start if as you describe the starter just clicks and the dash light dim..would be the main battery/ battery terminals are secure/earth points..if need be try jump starting or test whats actually in the battery voltage wise..if its below the 12v mark then jump start would likely get it started.then check the alternator is outputing at least 14v.but checks need to be made in regards ***** ***** charging system aswell as the battery itself,its state and load tested it could well be time to replace that if its older looking battery...also check connections at the starter and ensure they are ok and not loose..sometimes a failed starter can also cause this..but if the light dim as you say then it possible the battery needs looked at..