Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Having problems with gear change on my Vauxhall agila 1ltr

Customer Question

Having problems with gear change on my Vauxhall agila 1ltr not engaging as smooth as it used to also clutch pedal is very hard to depress?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

If the clutch is hard to depress - then this would likely cause gear changing to become more difficult/notchy - in that case with the clutch hard to depress you'll likely have an issue with either the release,throw out bearing or the pressure plate - as its those two components that clears the friction plate to enable smotther gear changing with the engine running - if the presure plate say wears or become weak then you get the increased effort in getting the clutch depressed...so in that view and with what you describe it looking like another clutch assembly in need of fitting...