Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Can the tire pressure sensor be reset after i blow up my tyre..

can the tire pressure sensor be reset after i blow up my tyre.. or is it just a faulty one as its still reading low pressure
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

What make,year exactly of Vauxhall do you have?

Was the tyre completely flat?

Have you ensured its the correct psi for that tyre?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a 2014 insignia and have set it to the correct psi..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a 2014 insignia and have set it to the correct psi.. no tyre wasn't flat just alittle less psi then it should have..but once I inflated it to correct it still says under inflation

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi.there..apologies for the delay..

Ok..These systems actually should automatically re-learn of the correct tyre pressure..Its vital that the pressures be adjusted with the ignition off..so long as you have done that..drive the vehicle for upto 10min at normal speed above 12mph and see if that allows the system to relearn the pressures - its the valves via radio frequency to the tps control/bcm that determines what the pressures are and whether there is a pressure loss in one of the tyres..its alos possible too that that particular valve on that tyre you adjusted the psi on "could" be faulty..but only through diagnostics can that be determined..but if you havent already done so drive the vehicle for a while and see if that helps the system relearn it pressures as primarily that how the system works on those...even when replacing the valves if faulty.or fitting new tyres its normally the same procedure...