Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have just put 1 litre of unleaded petrol into my Vauxhall

Hi - I have just put 1 litre of unleaded petrol into my Vauxhall zafira diesel car and drove it home. The car was on low when I put in the petrol and I then filled it to the top with diesel.
Do I have a problem as it was only 1 litre of unleaded?
Derek
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi.there..

1 litre in a full tank of diesel should be fine since the ratio of diesel against the petrol is greater..you need to run the tank to about halfway or slightly lower then retop the tank up so your continually lowering the amount of petrol down or burning it off - ensure when you top up again you add a diesel injector clear too..but normally that small amount of petrol against the amount of diesel shouldnt really cause any harm..as long as you keep a monitor on the situation you should be fine as long as you do the above..I do hope this helps