vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

My vaulhall insignia has just broken down on m4 it is 2ltr

Customer Question

my vaulhall insignia has just broken down on m4 it is 2ltr cdi sri estate its started making a whistling noise then srevice light came on then lost power 9mph max have parked up in services left a while no its back to normall but still making whistling noise
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to have kept you waiting.

The most common cause of this is that the boost pressure pipe that goes from the intercooler to the throttle body has split, this causes the noise and the pressure loss causes the lack of power.

It is found on the right N/S of the engine, when this fault happens the ECU logs a code for the mass air flow meter, don't replace this it will be OK.

I hope this helps, best regards,Customer