vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

I got a 2l cdti insignia. When driving on motorway and

I got a 2l cdti insignia. When driving on motorway and accelerating (motor is warm) suddenly the service vehicle soon lights on and the power dies (car goes into limp home mode I guess). After an ignition off-on cycle it runs normal, showing no sign of fault at all. What do you thint the problem may be? Fuel consumption seems ok. Thanks fir the answer in advance
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.

This SVS warning comes on when the engine computer (ECU) detects a fault with one of its sensors or circuits.

When this happens it stores a fault code and then uses a back up program sometimes called limp mode, this is used to enable you to carry on with your journey or to enable you to get to a garage.

The fault may be relatively harmless or may lead to a breakdown or damage to the catalytic converter depending on which sensor or circuit is affected.

Common faults on the Insignia A20DTH engine are the EGR valve, blockeded particulate filter or the turbo control system.

To be sure you need to take your car to a garage and have it put on a diagnostic computer to have the fault codes read, most good garages have the kit for this not just main dealers, you should phone around for a quote for a diagnostic test.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.