Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a k reg astra van and the reversing lights are stuck

Customer Question

i have a k reg astra van and the reversing lights are stuck on what is the cause
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

Best place to start would be the reverse switch at the gearbox - normally if you look around the gear box on the front face just below the gear selector housing you should see a black 2/3 pin mulitplug plugged to a switch that screwed into the gearbox casing..disconnect first and see if the lights go out..if they do then replace the switch....I do hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im looking at the engine where is the gearbox

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..

Gearbox is the right hand side of the engine bay..the switch should be on the front face of the gearbox housing..not the bellhousing thats bolted to the engine..