Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Have a Vauxhall Omega Elite V6 auto 2.5 V reg, my problem

Customer Question

Hi have a Vauxhall Omega Elite V6 auto 2.5 V reg, my problem is that when going up hills the car is hesitant and you can see on the rev counter the needle is jumping it also does it on the flat but not at all speeds. The airflow meter has been replaced, it's been on main Vauxhall diagnostics, no faults showing and they said to start with plugs and leads.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you .. Sorry to see you have had a wait.
99 times out of 100 the fault with this is a faulty ign coil. Usually they are found to have cracks on the underside ( you have to remove the coil pack to see this ) - or cracks between the turrets.
Under strain where more power is needed, higher out put and it breaks down - causing "tracking" and hence what you have.
So thats the usual cause of this - I would of course recommend though as has been said - check your leads for any signs of blacking or soot marks - cracks / damage etc.. replace if found.
Too - if the spark plugs are more than 12 months / 12k miles old, replace them. If any show excess wear on the ends or cracking on the porcelain - replace all...
From what you have described, it will be one or the other as above to cure this...
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-- Meantime, Please do do the rating for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.